Sunday, March 1, 2020

Day 35 - EVA Day 2

Pretty much the usual scenario..... made coffee, texted with Kelly and then got my plane ready for the day's flying. Lots of keen people here as planes were in the sky just after 7 am!!!

The contest got underway at 9 am sharp and we proceeded to fly two more rounds. I was assigned to judge the first FAI F-21 and it was a real pleasure to see the top guys go at it... and I learned a lot at the same time about positioning etc. Some great flying by the top guys and I knew it would be very close.

My first flight was fairly solid as the winds started to blow out. Everyone worked hard to maintain distance and some pilots were pushed out pretty far. We then had a great sandwich lunch as the final round commenced.

My last round was very solid and I was happy with my progress throughout the event. I tried to improve each flight but didn't always succeed. :-)

CD John Bentley makes the award presentation.
The awards were handed out and I managed to take the last round of P-21 finishing in third spot.  The guys all packed up with many leaving for home. Scott Lenover from just south of Calgary managed a 1st Place in Intermediate!

Derek Emmett's Alchemy
Final scores.
 We all took the time to say goodbye and then most all of the folks headed out. A few diehards stayed and flew as the sun slowly set in the west.

Kelly & Lauren were dropped off at the Victoria airport by Kris. They will fly over to Vancouver and spend the night at Lauren's place. In the morning, Lauren will drop Kelly off at the airport for her return flight to the warmth and sunny skies of Phoenix :-)

Dinner was leftovers... got to eat it up!

KM’s today: 0
To date KM’s driven:  5703
Today’s Temps - Low: 13ºc  High 24ºc


No comments:

Post a Comment