Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Day 44 - Caliente Springs to Hemet Model Masters RC Field

Kelly was up early and had the washing machine on BEFORE coffee! I slept in as it's my day off :-)

She finished up the laundry while knitting a new doggy sweater and watching "Fixer Upper" on TV.  She can multitask!!

Flowering Prickly Pear Cactus
 I filled the fresh water tank and prepped the truck for departure. Most of the stuff was put away last night as rain was in the forecast. And it did rain! One more trip to the recycle and garbage then we hooked up and departed for our 70 minute drive over to Hemet.

As we passed a huge wind farm we had mixed rain and sun for the drive down to Hemet.  We quickly found the RC field and tucked in along side John Bentley's RV.  He was away at lunch but has called with some information on the access road as it had a few huge pools of water on it. It was all solid underneath so no fear of sinking into mud or a wash!

Wind farm... and lots of them!
We set up and had things ready when John returned. We got caught up on our respective week's adventures then we headed into Hemet for some lunch. In-N-Out Burger was on tap and low and behold.... there is a Joann's right next door.... and a Hobby Lobby across the street! This burger stop is going to hurt! LOL

Rain started falling as we headed back to the RC field. I started to reassemble my plane inside the RV as it was dry!! I put my plane together in the hopes of a weather break but that just didn't happen. :-( 

Hanger shot.
Bill Wallace arrived to visit with John and both Kelly & I joined them for a general RC discussion and plans for the upcoming summer months.

They headed back to Bill's place for chicken dinner while I cooked up a pork loin for Kelly and I. Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on the tube then a couple other shows to watch later. 

I must say it's nice to be out at an RC field all alone with no one jammed next to you... John does not count :-)

KM's today: 108
To date KM's: 7129
Today's temps Low 15ºc High 20ºc



No comments:

Post a Comment