Monday, March 2, 2020

Day 36 - Heading West

I was up early to get prepared for the day. Kelly was heading back from her trip home and would arrive around 1 o'clock so I had to get a move on.
Almost forgot... last nights sky at sunset.
A quick shower and a hot coffee and I was ready to get the show started.  John and  Rex departed for various destinations while I prepped our RV for departure.  I headed into town to get the truck fueled up, fill the generator gas can, get groceries & water and fill some propane tanks.

I managed to get everything done and return to the RV by 11 am.  Bill & Nancy Wallace departed with their Arctic Fox 5th Wheel. We will meet up in a couple weeks for the Hemet RC contest.

I finished up the packing and had the RV pretty much ready to pull. I monitored Kelly's flight via the Air Canada App (which sucks by the way) and headed off to pick her up.

She was ready for pickup as I rolled by and off we went back to the EVA RC field. We got caught up on each others weekend's and the trip home went by quickly. On arrival, Kelly checked things over to make sure I got everything "inside" right and then we hooked up and departed at 14:30 local.

We decided on Copper Mountain RV Park as our destination and after a quick phone call, had a site set up for us. It is our first Passport America RV Park and we got a $20 a night rate for full hook ups! Love it!

We headed east and then south through Maricopa and on to HWY 238 through Gilla Bend and then westward to Tacna and the RV park. We arrived three hours later at 17:30. It was a nice drive on a decent road with very little traffic once out of Maricopa.

We met with the manager and got set up in a nice wide lot near the rear of the park. All good!

Steaks for dinner then a short walk around the park to stretch our legs.  Kelly was bagged and she headed to bed while I finished the blog and watch Ice Pilot's crash land a L-188 Electra in Yellowknife due to a gear issue. These joy's of aviation are behind me!!

KM’s today: 402
To date KM’s driven:  6105
Today’s Temps - Low: 12ºc  High 20ºc





No comments:

Post a Comment