Sunday, March 15, 2020

Day 49 - Harry Gould Memorial Contest Day 2

Once again, Kelly beat me out of the rack and had the coffee all ready and delivered to my bedside table!  The sun was blazing in through the bathroom skylight so I used this "bonus" light to have a quick shower.

I put my plane together and took it out to the flight line with my other gear. A quick slice of toast to hold me over.

My iPhone alerted me to a 10% Low Propane tank on the RV. The Mopeka LP Monitors are working great but this is my first "low level" alert.  The mornings have been chilly here since our arrival so the furnace has had some additional use. I'll get it topped up in the coming week.
App view.
The flying got underway and we easily managed to get the final two rounds all completed. The awards were presented and I managed to pull off a 1st place in FAI (Silver). Although a few people backed out due to weather concerns, it was a good contest and a lot of fun to mix it up with the US guys. The chilly temps did not sit well with our Arizonian competitors :-)  A big thank you to Bill and Nancy Wallace for their great hospitality!
Flight line with EDF jets
Havoc EDF... looks good!
Flight line
FAI Silver - John, Bill and myself.
Final scores.
  We now took the time to pack up as we prepare to depart for Arizona... again! John is headed home to Idaho Falls and will depart tomorrow morning as well, although he will move to a local RV park to dump & flush tanks and then winterize his RV!!!  Heading to sub zero temps!

John manages to fit 3 precision aerobatic planes into his short box Dodge... amazing!

Nice lineup!
 Dinner was smoked shredded pork supplied by John. It was very good! Some TV & blogging and it was time for an early bed.

We will head east tomorrow on HWY 10 to Quartzsite and another Passport America RV Park. This will give us the opportunity to do laundry, dump & flush the tanks and prepare for the next chapter... maybe some more boondocking? Not 100% sure at this point. 

KM's today: 0
Total KM's: 7264
Temps Low 12ºC  High 16ºC with southerly winds to 15mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment