Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Day 45 - Hemet (Day 1) - Model Masters Field

Kelly was up and had the coffee going again this morning.  John was already up flying his Andes in the clear blue skies while I crawled out of the rack. A nice relaxing sleep for me.

I assembled my plane and started flying. A couple local guys were out flying as well. I introduced myself and found out they knew some of our club members from Victoria who winter down here.
Hemet flight line.
Bill Wallace arrived and we all put in practice flights. John pulled out his Air Cobra and let me have a rip. It is a nice fun fly plane... very scale like in the air.

John's Air Cobra... flew very nicely!
 John then let me take his Avanti Jet up with it's 80MM ducted Fan. That was a lot of fun as Bill called the "jet" maneuvers for the upcoming contest. (They plan to run a fun competition with the EDF Jets if time permits.) I had a ball and I suspect a new one is in my future :-)

I enjoyed my introduction to EDF jets!
We had the field to ourselves and enjoyed the sunshine and mild temperatures. Kelly headed into town to get a few things for dinner as we invited John to join us tonight.

RV line.
 We packed up the planes and then enjoyed a small social with some snacks provided by John. Kelly continues to modify the dog sweater she is making for Rosy.

Dinner consisted of BBQ'ed Steak, baked potato, mushrooms and asparagus.

Some Jeopardy and Survivor viewing for Kelly while I put the chairs away and did the blog. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow but we are ready for it.

KM's today: 17
Total KM's: 7146
Temps Low 13 ºC  High 20ºC  with light winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment