Thursday, March 5, 2020

Day 39 - Tacna Area Geocaching

We slept in today as we have no major plans. Coffee and some news on TV. 

The hot water wasn't hot so a bit of checking was in order. I had no load on one of the power legs so I reset the water heater breaker and I now had 11 amps....  I had turned off all the breakers when I did my outlet change and I suspect I didn't reset it properly. Working now!

We grabbed some bottled water and headed off in the truck for some general sightseeing and geocaching.  It's the desert so pretty flat terrain with the exception of rock formations. We went off the beaten path and found a power trail. This is a geocaching term for a long series of caches located 500' apart. Relatively easy to get but they get a bit boring after a while. We did this and then broke across HWY 8 onto Old US 88. This took us by a huge feed lot for cattle... 1000's of them located on huge expanses of land.

Huge operation!
Beef critters everywhere!
 We grabbed a few more caches down by Antelope then headed back to the RV park.  Kelly wanted to go quilting at the recreation hall from 13:00-15:00 so she loaded the truck up with her hardware and off she went. Five minutes later I got a text asking for more supplies! :-)

I blogged a bit and then reattached the water alarm that goes into the washing machine tray. It "came loose" a while ago (that's code for Kelly ripped it off the side of the washing machine when it went off, enough on that topic).  Kelly returned with her latest creation.... enjoying her afternoon with fellow quilters, although no quilt in sight!
Trailer themed of course!
We have used up most of our fresh water in the tank from Lost Dutchman and will run with 1/4 tank (20 gallons) over to our next destination. I have also skillfully filled the black & two grey tanks to help facilitate the dumping process in the morning. Still room for a long shower for us in the morning :-)

Chicken & Salad for dinner tonight followed by a walk around the park..... after Grey's Anatomy was over :-)
Evening sky.
Our last evening at Copper Mountain RV.

KM's today: 44
To date KM's: 6462
Today's Temps Low 14ºc High 28ºc


No comments:

Post a Comment