Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 55 - Bike/Fly/Sew

After our morning coffee, I got the bikes off the rack and set up for a little spin around town.  Our fellow Canadian neighbors packed up, hooked up and hit the road back to Quesnel, B.C. as their winter in Arizona had come to an end. 

We rode the bikes along several bike paths and quickly found ourselves in town. A quick stop at the Hi Jolly monument for a picture and then into the residential/seasonal neighborhoods that surround the north part of town. Lot's of "winter" type places that support RV's, off road vehicles and the like. I suspect the summer heat drives all but the hardiest folks to cooler climates.
Hi Jolly Monument
Details
 We cruised by the Community Center (which was closed), the main park and then the RC field. A great day to fly and not a soul in sight!  The short 10k bike ride ended at the RV as I decided to put my plane together and get some flights in. Batteries charged, plane put together and I was off to the field while Kelly went to work on her Featherweight cover.
Great flying day!
I had the place all to myself:-)
I put in some flights at the deserted Quartzsite field and had a nice relaxing afternoon all by myself.  I packed up and returned to the RV Park. Kelly was sewing up a storm so I prepped some snacks and a cool drink. A bit of cleaning work on the RV and it was time for dinner. Left over leg of lamb, potato's & asparagus.

Dishes done, some TV, a game of crib and then off to the rack. Planning a trip to Parker tomorrow and hopefully pictures of Kelly's finished custom Featherweight cover!!! 

KM's today: 4 
Total KM's: 7775
Temps:Low 11ºC High 24ºC
 

No comments:

Post a Comment